Adopting a new pet is an exciting and lifelong commitment. Everything we do at Countryside Animal Rescue prepares our pets for a successful adoption and a healthy, happy relationship for you and your new family member.
* An Adoption Application must be completed.
* We may ask for proof of Landlord permission if you rent.
* Our Adoption counselor will review your application, get to know you and determine
which dog will be perfect match for your family.
* Adoption fees are paid when adoption is finalized.
* All adoption fees collected assist in the daily care and ongoing needs of our animals.
* We offer a Foster 2 Adopt program for various situations. For example, if you have
another pet or children, we want to be sure everyone gets along. This two week program will
give both you and your foster animal time to get know each other and see if it is a
compatible match. We will be checking in with you after the first week, and are available for
support through the entire process. At the culmination of these two weeks; you may choose
to formally adopt. There is a $50.00 foster fee which is deducted from the adoption fee if
you choose to adopt.
* In some cases, we may allow you to take a dog home before they have been spayed or
neutered. We expect that you will cooperate with us to complete the surgery as soon as it
can be scheduled. A Spay/Neuter Agreement must be signed when adoption is finalized.
* Our rescue operation is very small. We welcome the opportunity to schedule visits with you,
especially if you are interested in adoption or volunteering with us (as a foster, at events, or
* Our time is precious to us in caring for our animals. Please do your absolute best to honor
the scheduled visit time, and try to limit the length of your visit.
* The health of our dogs is of the utmost importance. All known previous medical findings
are disclosed to potential adopters. We suggest scheduling an appointment with your
veterinarian as soon as possible after adoption to start a relationship between your new
dog and your vet. All of our dogs are adopted ‘as is’ and all future veterinary care is the
responsibility of the adopter.
* Please understand that all adoptions are first-come-first-served for qualified adopters, and
that we are unable to hold dogs for potential adopters.