Countryside Animal Rescue (CAR) is a dedicated team with many years of experience working with all kinds of breeds of dogs. The dogs in our program come from shelters or from owners that can no longer care for their dog. Some come from the streets of Mexico.
Each dog is carefully evaluated and vetted. We are with these dogs everyday working with them and learning more about them. When we feel they are ready for a new home they become available for adoption.
Please read our Before You Adopt Section below, then complete our Application.
Before You Adopt
Adopting a new pet is an exciting and lifelong commitment. Everything we do
at Countryside Animal Rescue prepares our pets for a successful adoption and a healthy, happy relationship for you and your new family member.
Please Read : Process
* An Adoption Application must be completed.
* We may ask for proof of Landlord permission if you rent.
* Our Adoption Counselor will review your application, get to know you and
determine which dog will be perfect match for your family.
* Adoption fees are paid when adoption is finalized.
* All adoption fees collected assist in the daily care and ongoing needs of
* We offer a Foster 2 Adopt program for various situations. For example, if you have
another pet or children, we want to be sure everyone gets along. This two week
program will give both you and your foster animal time to get know each other and see if it is a compatible match. We will be checking in with you after the first week,
and are available for support through the entire process. At the culmination of the
two weeks you may choose to adopt the dog and the foster fee will be deducted from the
* In some cases, we may allow you to take a dog home before they have been spayed
or neutered. We expect that you will cooperate with us to complete the surgery as
soon as it can be scheduled. A Spay/Neuter Agreement must be signed when
adoption is finalized.
* Our rescue operation is very small. We welcome the opportunity to schedule visits
with you, especially if you are interested in adoption or volunteering with us (as a
foster, at events, or onsite).
* Our time is precious to us in caring for our animals. Please do your absolute best to
honor the scheduled visit time, and try to limit the length of your visit.
* The health of our dogs is of the utmost importance. All known previous medical
findings are disclosed to potential adopters. We suggest scheduling an
appointment with your veterinarian as soon as possible after adoption to start a
relationship between your new dog and your vet. All of our dogs are adopted ‘as
is’ and all future veterinary care is the responsibility of the adopter.
* Please understand that all adoptions are first-come-first-served for qualified
adopters, and that we are unable to hold dogs for potential adopters.